- A free 4-hour online training course aims to equip tourism businesses with skills and knowledge on sustainability and responsible business practices.
I-STARS is aware that training in water management is essential for small and medium-sized tourism businesses to mitigate water scarcity risks, conserve resources, and maintain sustainable operations. Also, equipping staff with water management skills empowers tourism SMEs to optimize efficiency, reduce costs, and contribute positively to local ecosystems and communities.
In addition to the watermanagement course, the platform offers the following training courses: digital upskilling, food waste management, stakeholder engagement, waste management and energy management.
Why choose I-STARS courses?
- Online. I-STARS courses are online, allowing participants to complete it at their own place and space.
- Flexibility. I-STARS courses can be completed at the pace and timetable of the participants choice.
- Multilingual. All six I-STARS eCourses are available in English, Greek, Italian and Spanish.
- Duration. Each I-STARS eCourse learning is estimated to last around 4 hours, with an additional 1 hour of online quizzes.
- Certificate. As you progress through each I-STARS eCourse, quizzes are incorporated within the course content. To receive your Certificate, it's essential to achieve a minimum score of 75% on these quizzes during the course. Do not worry if you do not pass the first time, you can retake the Quiz as many times as you want: the aim is to acquire the knowledge.
- Support. Registered will be accompanied and supported by a team of sustainability experts throughout their learning process.
- Free. The platform is open and there is no cost to the public.
Interested can register through:https://istars.talentlms.com/
I-STARS is a project co-funded by the European Union that aims to boost the knowledge of tourism SMEs in the field of sustainability. I-STARS want to accompany tourism businesses operating on the islands of Cyprus, Greece, Ireland, Italy and Spain, on their transformation journey towards recovery and sustainability.
The consortium is made up of six other organisations from Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Greece, Italy and Ireland: Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, INSULEUR, OTIE, Mallorca Chamber of Commerce, Fundació Mallorca Turisme and Vagabond.
For more information, contact us:
OBSERVATORY ON TOURISM IN THE EUROPEAN ISLANDS
38, Via Emerico Amari, 90139 Palermo - ITALY
Mob. +39 3513064307
email: firstname.lastname@example.org – legal email: email@example.com
Facebook: @ISTARS Linkedin: @I-STARS